Hope you and your family had a great Fall Break and are getting ready for the Holidays just around the corner. We are excited to start the new Mini Term with 23 new students to our Titan Crew. We have also added a new faculty member, Sharon Codner, coming to us from Mountain View High School as an additional CTE teacher. We are so excited to add her to our team.
Here is some additional info:
1) Please double check your student’s bus stop (time and location), with a new mini term comes possible new stops and times. Bus info is located on our website.
2) Continue checking your student’s lunch account and add money by using mypaymentsplus.
3) With Halloween a couple weeks away, please use the following guidelines when helping your student choose what to wear: no masks, dress-code appropriate, no fake weapons, and no disruptive or distracting attire. The school day will be a regular bell schedule and get out at normal time. We will be having some fun lunch time activities to celebrate the holiday.
THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO TO SUPPORT YOUR STUDENT AND OUR SCHOOL!!!!
Principal, Polaris West
This is a time for gratitude and just wanted to thank you for sending us AMAZING students to work with. The end of Mini Term 2 is soon approaching (Oct 16), thus attendance and assignment completion is so important. Please encourage your student to be on time for school (8:25am) and ready to work. 🙂
Here are a few upcoming events and information that can be helpful:
- Please check your student’s lunch account (mypaymentsplus.com) and make sure there is some money available for them to order a lunch each day. We do have vending options available for students to use in the event that they do not have money in their account. The vending does take cash and a card.
- Just a reminder of Fall Break (Oct 17-18th) and Minimal Day (Oct 16th, buses leave at 11:55am).
- Please continue to check Skyward for grade and attendance updates and please excuse your student within 2 days of their excused absence.
- Friday attendance is so critical in order for your student to receive credit in those classes. Please encourage full attendance on this early out day.
Wishing you a warm and comfortable Fall Season. Start bundling up!!!!!!!!! 🙂
Kristopher Packer, Principal
We want to THANK YOU for your continued support of your student and their success at Polaris West. It is really vital that you continue to check Skyward of the latest attendance and grade updates. Teachers typically update grades on Thursdays by 4pm. Also, if you can excuse your student two days following the absence that would be great.
Here are some upcoming events and additional information:
1) Parent Teacher Conference will be on Oct 2nd (WED) from 3:30-7pm @ PHS WEST
2) Just a reminder to encourage your student about staying on campus (closed campus) unless you are coming to check them out.
3) Check your email for a date and time of your student’s counseling CCR session with our counselor, Sarah Katoa. She is wrapping up Seniors and will be working on Juniors and Sophomores next.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF PHS WEST AND YOUR STUDENT’S SUCCESS!!!!!!!!
Kristopher Packer, Principal