We are in the process of putting together some additional resources for after-school and lunchtime interventions for your student. We will be implementing math and science lab hours for students to come in and get help on classroom makeup work and help with packets. We will be sending out information on days and times beginning mid-March.
Here is some additional info:
- We will be having a Career Day @ Polaris High School in Orem on March 18th. Applications are due on March 4th to our Counseling Department. Students can pick an application from the Main Office or their Counselor. We have 30 spots total for the event.
- March 3rd will be ACT testing for all 11th grade students. We will be having a remediation day for all Sophomores and Seniors that day to get caught up in their classes or work on packets. Testing will begin promptly at 8:35am. Please have your student at school on time to take advantage of this free opportunity to take the ACT exam.
- 2020 Snow Makeup Day Procedure (Monday, April 6th):
Students and Parents
● Students in attendance that day can expect regular Monday start and end times (including for breakfast and lunch) and meaningful learning activities, adjusted to the circumstances of the day.
● Parents who wish to excuse their student(s) that day should notify the attendance office, as usual.
● Teachers will design a simple assignment for students who will be absent on April 6th. This will be communicated to all parents through email, Canvas, Google Classroom, or by handouts on April 2nd or 3rd. Independent assignments will be due sometime the week following spring break (as set by individual teachers).
- Another friendly reminder that we will not be ordering extra lunches each day. Please have your student order lunch online each morning on the days they want school lunch.
- We are asking that students not loiter in the bathrooms during class breaks or at lunch. If you could help remind your student of this that would be helpful. We will be notifying individual parents of any infractions or issues. Thanks for your help and support of the matter.
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. Our students have been doing some really great activities in classes and during field trips. Please follow us on Instagram (phs_west_titans).
Kristopher Packer, Principal