School Community Council
School Learning and Nurturing Development (LAND) Trust Program
The School LAND Trust program brings tens of millions of dollars annually to meet critical academic needs and enhance and improve academic excellence in Utah public schools. The funds are generated from the earnings on the permanent State School Fund, where revenue from school trust lands is invested. The funds are discretionary for academic instruction and play a vital role in student success.
Each district school in Utah elects a School Community Council (SCC) consisting of parents, teachers, and the principal.
The Purpose of School Community Councils
1. To build consistent, effective collaboration and communication among parents, employees and administrators.
2. Provide a forum for parents to be actively involved with the school in their children’s education.
3. To identify academic needs and implement interventions that will measurably improve student performance.
We value our parents and know that they are the primary advocates for all children. By working as a group and understanding the legal responsibilities that lie with the principal, parents ensure the representation of various viewpoints and values within the community. Parent engagement is a key element to student achievement and student progress. If you are interested in serving on the council please contact, Kori Thomas 801-610-8182.
School Community Board
Kori Thomas – Principal
Rachel Shaw – President
JoAnn Stevenson – Vice President
Vanessa Rubio – Secretary
Brynnley Pyne – Parent representative
Jennifer Coffin – Parent representative
Sharon Codner – Teacher representative
School Community Council Meetings
- Polaris West will increase our graduation rate by 5% from last year’s Polaris High graduation rate. (2019: 46%)
- Polaris West will ensure 80% of our students feel connected to at least one adult staff member over the course of the school year.
Total estimated available funds for 2020-2021: $13,474